16 May How to sell your events company’ with Steve Monnington from Mayfield Merger Strategies
It’s something every event producer thinks at one time…. “I’d love to sell my events company.” But is it even possible, and who would buy your event or events?
On this week’s episode of ‘The Events Podcast’, I spoke with Steve Mornington from Mayfield Merger Strategies. Steve is a ‘business broker’ for selling events, and his company handles the whole ‘Merger & Acquisition’ process.
This is an amazing interview for anyone who may be thinking about selling their event in the future. Steve is super knowledgeable on this topic and handles multiple millions in deal flow each year. On the interview we get into:
- What type of events are the easiest to sell
- The difference between ‘Conference businesses’ and ‘Exhibition businesses’
- When to sell your event
- How to sell your event
- Who is buying events right now
- The role of private equity companies in events
- How many times profit do events sell for
- What the sale process looks like
- Does the seller have to be involved in future years?
- What is the outlook like for selling your event in the next few years?
- The importance of travel when running a global business
This podcast is brought to you by www.eventsframe.com – Effortless ticketing and attendee management with NO ticket fees… Make the switch from Eventbrite today 🙂 Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘PODCAST’ for a special discount code.
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and if you did please leave us an iTunes review it really means a lot to us!
Finally please join our Facebook Community of #eventprofs to keep the learning going
Get in touch with me via dantaylor.me